Monday, September 26, 2011

my many sisters

today is a rainy & chilly fall day, a day spent inside with my girl, a day to reflect..

Last night I met with the other wives of the pastors of our church (there are about 12 of us) like we do every month. Only last night I walked into a very pink room filled with love and gifts! It was a surprise baby shower (as well as celebrating my birthday 2 weeks ago)!

These women are the greatest. Not many people fully understand what it is like to be in full time ministry, but these women do. We are each others safety, and have created a place where we can each be vulnerable and transparent without judgement. Sometimes when you are married to a pastor people have this preconceived notion that you are sinless and perfect. Well, I know I fail to live up to this standard (and what a lofty thing to even try to live up to) and I know these other women do to, so it is so nice to be able to pour out our hearts to one another, be prayed for and to feel safe.

In life, our families do not always meet the needs we may have all the time. But when you belong to God's family, the church, the Kingdom... God fills the missing voids tenfold and somehow you always get just what you need!

I am constantly surrounded by the most amazing women who truly have become my sisters! God has given me a much bigger family then I could have ever dreamt for myself and I am so thankful for them each and every day!


18 days until this baby is due...

1 comment:

Sara B said...

Love this. Makes me want to be a pastor's wife :) What a blessing that community sounds like, and happy late birthday to you!