last night I was sitting & praying... I eventually got to the point where I was asking for
covering over the birth coming up and thanking God for creating my body capable of
growing a child and bringing it into the world. I was saying "thank you for creating my
body to do this and allowing it the ability to know on it's own exactly what to do. That
I do not have to fear but that I can trust in the process you have made because I know it is not flawed."
Then it hit me! So many people DO believe this process is flawed... That without intervention our bodies would not be able to birth our babies. It simply is not true! He has created us to be knit together and grow and develop in our mothers womb. He also has created our bodies to open and for that baby to descend and be born in just as simple and natural of a way.
it's all so purposeful and so not flawed!
don't get me wrong, I do understand that ever so often a complication arrises that does require major medical attention! And I am so very thankful God had created intelligent Dr's and Midwives to facilitate when an issue arrises (though I do feel sometimes the issue is not truly there and is created in the minds of those who God has created to help)
That all said, I pray all my lady friends (especially you who are pregnant and growing a baby right now and will soon face the amazing moment of birthing your child) that you will trust and believe that your body too is far from being flawed! When God created YOU in YOUR mothers womb He designed your reproductive organs and hormones and everything else to endure and even flourish during the pregnancy and birthing process just like He is doing for our sweet babies as I type.
fearfully (beautifully) & wonderfully made...
love you all all lifting up your babies and future babes.
5 comments:
Tears are pouring down my face. I need psalm 139 tattooed across my forehead and on every surface of my home. I struggle with feeling flawed, ruined and incapable so frequently and this upcoming birth is bringing that all to the surface. Thank you so much for this.
I totally love this! My goal is to do it as natural as possible (my mom raves about the beauty of birth with no pain killers and the likes) but I will be at the hospital :) I kind of think of it as a night at a hotel...with a weird bed.
So excited for you! Crazy what our bodies are made to do (and yes, hallelujah for medicine when things get complicated and people need physicians who work His miracles). I just pray for a different miracle...
14 days...
Eh, or if you actually read up on the number of complications that take place during birth process you might understand that it's not "every so often." It's common and you're simply lucky that your child wasn't born with one of these life threatening complications.
Your advice is ignorant and dangerous.
With comments like the one above...conviently anonymous...you are on your way to Mrs. BWF status! Keep telling your story and inspiring other women to educate themselves and make informed choices. If that is birthing out of a hospital, great! If that is giving birth in a hospital, great! It's a sad day when women can't love and support one another in their choices.
Anonymous- I am so sorry you feel that way! I am trying to encourage Mama's to believe in their bodies ability to grow and birth their baby not give them advice on how or where that should be done! I actually do know the #'s of hospital birth complications- they are scary huh!!! Which is why I had my babies at home :)
Post a Comment