Monday, September 12, 2011

alomae and her shoes

alomae's fall shoes are on their way!


she had the purple ones earlier in the year and the toes fell apart pretty quick.
I really think it was due to the material they were made of though.
so I am hoping these ones hold up better
(I think they will... if mine can hold up through haiti and well beyond- hers can too!)

by the way, if she had her way she would be wearing pink sparkly princess ballet flats all the time but sometimes a mama has to put her foot down! :)

Oh Alomae

you have been up to so much!

You are a walking disney musical I swear!
always a song in your head and dance in your step...

you walk around singing and twirling, and tap dancing with flowey arms
you are too much!

favorite songs these days are:

abc's
jesus loves me
the b-i-b-l-e
the friday song (again, thanks for that Shawn Kollie)
baby (justin beiber- don't know where she learned this one....shawn? :)
the lords army
our God is mighty to save (she always asks to sing "conquer the grave"!)
and
someday my prince will come from snow white

quite the variety!

You are getting very excited for your baby sister to arrive and also kind of sensitive.
I can tell you are realizing it's getting close. You are clinging to Mama a lot
and sometimes a tad bit whiney around me...

So I am trying to snuggle you lots and lay low with you at home
(partially because it's hard for mama to move around!)


some things you are saying that always get a laugh:

"I have a question" when we ask what your question is you always
reply "sweet salad, chicken, hamburger" oookkkaaay babe :)

when you take something we do not want you to you always put it down
where you want it and say "it's okay- it be safe!" thanks for the assurance!

and if you want to say something and you think we don't hear you, you repeat
until we acknowledge! most the time very loudly! if I sneeze and you say
"God bless you Mama" (which you always do sweet girl) and I do not say thank you,
you will say "God Bless you mama" over and over and louder and louder...
it's really quite cute!

You are a natural encourager

you are always saying things like...

"you are beautiful mama"
"you okay?"
"mama, you look like a princess"
"daddy- you have pretty hair"
"your ring is pretty!"
"oooh she has such beautiful nails!"


your mouth is full of sweet things that light up our day!

I pray you are always filled with positive talk and can find a good compliment
to give to those around you

it really can make someone's day...

love you sweet girl!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she always makes me feel like a million bucks! you're doing a great job raising her :)