Wednesday, June 20, 2012

learning

It's no secret that Poppy was not the easiest baby in the world. for the first 5-6 months or so I would say I struggled with the fact that my baby was just not as happy as I dreamt she would be (or compared to her big sister). 

but just like in life, the seasons change, there are mountains and valleys, and brighter days are always ahead. 

Poppy is so happy now! she is full of smiles and giggles and is such a JOY. 

I feel like my relationship with this baby is such a picture of life. That we must believe the best in the ones we love and wait patiently for them to come around. I could not force Poppy to be joyful, just like I cannot tell her to "roll over" or do anything else for that matter (and yes, she still does not roll.) 

Poppy is her own person. She deserves the space to work through things, grow, mature, and learn at her own pace. I am here to love her, guide her, protect her, and to pray! 

From the moment God placed her in my womb, I have had very little control. Sure, I had environmental control over what I ate, drank, and was around, but it was not my power or control that formed her into the beautiful little being she is today. She is her own person, and she let me know that from day one. She is a sensitive girl and sometimes she just needs her mama more then most. The more I accept that and appreciate it, the more I fall for her little crooked smile. 

I will be faithful and pray for my girls to find Jesus and Walk with Him. For them to learn to hear His voice and listen to it so that they can avoid some of the heartaches life has to offer. 

Friends, we cannot control the people in our lives. We can tell them what we want for them until we are blue in the face but it only hurts us in the end. Sometimes you have to just let go and relinquish the people you love to make their own choices and trust that Jesus is going to protect them. I walk with a mighty savior who knows the people I love so much more intimate then I. He created them, knows their thoughts, and has a creative life mapped out ahead. 

Love the people in your life. Do not give up on them. This does not mean enable them to do destructive things though. Sometimes the brightest Love is letting them lean on Jesus alone. Pray without ceasing and when they come back to you, welcome them back with big open arms. 



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


8 comments:

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

i love this sweet little girl and i love this post. truer words couldn't be spoken :).

Sharaya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharaya said...

This was so encouraging on so many levels. Love you and your beautiful babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Echo, don't take this the wrong way but I don't blog and hardly ever read others blogs. But for some reason today and I was on Facebook and just clicked on the link to this post when normally I would scroll right by it. Your words moved me so much it brought me to tears. I feel like our family is going through the same thing with our little ones, just seven months later. Thanks for you encouragement, its just nice to know sometimes we are not alone in our challenges, especially when it comes to our children.

Anonymous said...

Oh that last comment was from me, Rachel.

Amanda said...

So much truth. :) Beautifully put.

Anonymous said...

God is Blessing you with Beauty and Wisdom :) I am Proud of You.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.