Tuesday, June 12, 2012

eat fresh

Untitled

We have always been healthy eaters in our home. Lately though, we have began to eat a more plant based diet and it has really made me excited to come up with new ways to to feed my family.

We bought a Vitamix (i'll do a whole other post on it later!) and we have been enjoying morning smoothies filled with fresh fruit, vegetables,wheat grass, flax and chia seeds. It really has put a whole new meaning to Starting your day off right! (best part: alomae loves them)

I am not a vegetarian. I do not like being locked into any label and I have always been a believer of everything in moderation. But after much thought, research, and conversations with friends I have chosen to have the majority (we will still enjoy eating at Portland's finest and at friends houses) of my food be plant based with the occasional organic, kindly raised meat.

Poppy's dairy allergy has made this a really easy transition since I have been cutting out dairy for awhile now!

My refrigerator is filled with the color of the rainbow right now and i love it. It really is fun to open it up and see so much fresh foods available. 

Some of my recent meals have been:

 toast

Untitled

daves killer bread, lentils, avocado, sprouts, fresh ground pepper

wrap

Untitled

sprouted tortilla, sundried tomato or black bean hummus, cucumber, carrot, lentils, sprouts

Stir Fry

Untitled

purple kale, bok choy, carrots, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, red bell pepper, organic tofu, and udon noodles


Untitled


doesn't it all look so yummy?

I know many people think that eating this was is not filling and totally boring.

I promise you it's not!

If you have any good recipes to share with me, please do!

and if you want to know more about eating this way watching the documentary

forks over knives

is a great place to start!








No comments: