Monday, March 18, 2013

fight



The topic at church the past few weeks has been "The Good Fight". An honest conversation about the dark and light and How Jesus is fighting for us and will not give up on us no matter how many times we are tricked, blinded, or deceived into believing we are not worth it or have just simply messed up too big this time...

Fight. this word has been resonating in my head a lot over the past 15 or so hours. I even had dreams last night that brought new meaning and depth to what it means to fight for what we believe in and fight for what we love.

What or Who in your life do you need to fight for? Our society has become so complacent in the sense that if some things do not come easily or naturally to us that we should just "move on" to the next thing because it was not meant to be.

What?? really?! Just give up like that!  Fighting is not easy my friends, It hurts! But if it is something worth fighting for, it is worth the pain!

I think about those last few moments of being in labor with Alomae. (giving birth is really a transforming moment that can be so relevant in many aspects of life) I was tired, my body was fatigued and I just wanted to give up and sleep... I wanted the discomfort to be gone but I didn't necessarily want to endure the pain it was going to take to get the most beautiful end result, my perfect baby girl. It was in that moment, I had to dig deep within, push through the pain and remember that, if I was willing, willing to endure for a moment longer and step outside of my own comfort, I would be forever changed!

Would you take a moment with me right now? would you quiet your heart and think about what in your life you are needing to set aside your own comfort and fight for? It may be the absolute hardest thing you have ever done, it may go against ever fiber of your being and you most likely will have to uncover some raw parts of yourself to get there. But what is that thing that stirs up in the pit of your stomach right now? That end result that is so beautiful in your head you think about it often but have yet to make the commitment to taking the hard road to get there...

Is it a relationship? is there someone in your life you need to Fight for? Do you need to let go of pride or insecurities or the fear of the raw emotions that come when we love so much and have to work on ourselves in order to best love or be loved?

Is it a dream or goal? Something you want to pursue so deeply but are scared of failure or the long uncertain road of what it takes to get you there?

My friends, I pray you muster up the courage to fight for the things that are true. The things God has put in your heart and life. Lean on the One who has the power to fully get you to the other side and do not give up in the hard moments along the way. Endure, push through the pain...

"and after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Chirst, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."



1 comment:

Steffi Webb said...

Wonderful Echo! Our son has seen over the last few years many of his friends parents divorce. He doesn't ever worry about that with his dad and I for we fight. At time loudly, but we fight for our marriage. Being quiet is sometimes the worst thing to do in any situation. Thanks so much for your wise words.

Steffi