Monday, February 20, 2012

A baby shower

My dearest friend Amber is 8 months pregnant with twin boys!
so over the weekend I threw her a sweet & simple baby shower with a handful
of her closest girlfriends.

We moved into our new house 4 weeks ago and it is in no way done decor-wise!
So I shut some doors and put on smile and made the best of it because
Amber and her boys are so very worth it!

I had seen some cute stuff floating around pinterest of decor using book pages.
I knew this would be great since amber is such an old soul and lover of the written word!

Thus her baby shower was birthed (get it! birthed...!)

the colors were grey, black, white, teal, and a touch of burnt red to go with the distressed ink pad Andy got me for Christmas :)

Manly colors for two little men but with many feminine touches for their feminine mama!

here was the main table


and some close ups of the details and dishes


gorgeous cake hand made by mine and Ambers dear friend Loni


(each detail of the party was labeled)


fudge cupcakes with buttercream frosting with book page toppers with
the boys initials E & H


dark chocolate covered raisins in a grey ramekin, and a faux zinc letter
for Emerson (for Amber to take home)


mixed nuts in a teal ramekin, H for hunter, and grey striped paper straws




fruit which Mama has been craving


cucumber mint sandwiches


egg salad sandwiches


a delicious brie dish


potato leek soup with green onions for the top and bread for dipping


some fizzy beverages


paper flowers in red and book pages that were all throughout the table and house



a place for gifts


bookmark favors for the ladies



wishes for the babies
(this was so special! Amber read them all aloud and you could tell it was so fun for her to read our wishes for her boys!!)


book page/grey banner for doorway


and a book page and teal for the big window


and a little Psalm 139 for the mama to be on the chalkboard wall.


Doing this shower was so fun!
it was simple and not over the top or overly baby.

Lots of the decor was sent home with Amber (or the pom poms with Carmen for her little girls room!)

It was fun being creative and making little things for such a special time!

(and exhausting with a baby of my own!)

I love you Amber!!

and Hunter & Emerson!


amber & poppy :)
she s going to be the BEST mama!









5 comments:

So Truly Lovely said...

Ahhhh!!! This is the cutest thing! I can't believe you did all of that and that you weren't feeling great. Holy toledo-amazing!!!! I must pin some of this (haven't been on pinterest since wee one's birth...). That was such a beautiful shower-you are so gifted momma.
xo, Anna N

Nicole said...

Oh Echo you did such a fantastic job!! I love how simple and yet detailed it all was! Lovely-aw and those Poppy cheeks at the end...=I melt. :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I love you soo soo soo much!!! It was such a wonderful and beautiful day! You mean the world to me and I'm super blessed to have you as my dear friend.
I couldn't have asked for a better shower.
xoxo

Becca said...

Echo you seriously throw one cute shower! All the little touches are the best. Everything looked amazing...you crafty little mama!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

this turned out so cute echo!! you did such a great job and i'm sure amber felt so blessed by all your hard work :).