It's now a full week after Christmas and i am just now getting to even
thinking about recapping this years holiday!
Our entire house has been sick with a nasty cold this past week (and still is)
so it's made for a whole lot of resting...
Christmas came in 3 parts this year. Starting with Andy's family on the 17th, my family on the 19th and then our sweet little family on Christmas day followed by our annual tradition of spending Christmas evening having dinner with the Petersons (Kaitlynn, Ryan, Truman, and their NEW baby on they way) and whoever else may show up!
Christmas eve was spent celebrating the birth of Jesus!
Our Church really knows how to celebrate in a magical way
While worshiping there were many times I had tears in my eyes just being in awe of how humbly Jesus came to us. I stood in the back holding my sweet tiny baby singing the words
"hope that you don't mind our manger
How I wish we would have known
But long-awaited Holy Stranger
Make Yourself at home
Please make Yourself at home
Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence
How I wish we would have known
But long-awaited Holy Stranger
Make Yourself at home
Please make Yourself at home
Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence
welcome to our world
welcome to our world"
Such a powerful song
that has become a favorite for me this year...
When the girls and I got home we set some cookie out for "santa" for fun
and then headed to bed!
alomae trying to steal a cookie!
the stocking that awaited alomae in the morning...
and Poppy's!
I did not take photos of our morning much, too busy enjoying the moment!
it was wonderfully fun though.
Thank You Jesus for Coming to our World





No comments:
Post a Comment